PDA

View Full Version : A silly question about my air con!

pologt
13-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Hi. Sorry if this is a silly question but I didn't get a manual with my car!

I was having problems turning on the air con yesterday - the air con symbol would only light up for a second then turn off.

A few posts on the forum say the air con does not work when it is too cold outside (the frost warning was on the dash yesterday). It is slightly warmer today and the aircon is fine.

Is this correct? I thought you had to keep using the air con in winter and it was useful for demisting the windows?

Thanks for any help! Ian

nickynibbles
14-01-2008, 10:30 AM
The "auto" feature of the climate control will decide if the aircon is needed. Normally it would nor run the compressor in cold weather for the obvious reason its colder than the temp selected. It will run the compressor if the humidity is high and may cause misting on the windows. You shouldnt have any problems with the system if your enjoying mist free motoring!

pologt
14-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks for that. Although I still couldn't manually turn on the air con when the climate control was not in 'Auto' mode.

I wanted it on as the windows were misting a little.

I'll see how it goes over the next few days.

Ian

nickynibbles
15-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Do you mean your Econ button light wont go out?

pologt
15-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure if I have an Econ button!

Basically the symbol for air con won't go on when the air con button is pressed if it's cold. This is when I need it for demisting! It's the same in Auto or Manual mode.

Thanks, Ian