PDA

View Full Version : New Owner with Niggling Problems!

13-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Hello All

got myself an a4 1.8se on a P plate yesterday. I have been and purchased a fascia but can't seem to get any power to the aftermarket headunit. What is the seperate brown cable for that was attached to the back of the original headunit?

My climate control digital panel is playing up aswell. I can control the temp and heat but cant see the numbers on the display it turns on and off constantly ive checked the fuse but to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated

ALSO where can i get some nice leather front seats from?

subly
14-01-2008, 08:06 AM
hi..
ur climate control problem sounds very farmilar..i had it on me previous se...to get it too work i use to hold down the panel around the bottom of the unit for a few seconds, (not the screen but below n around)...n the display use to come on.apparantly its a common fault on these...as the previous owner had it changed from the ********.
hope dis helps...

14-01-2008, 11:29 AM
cheers mate will try that, Ive sorted stereo now but got the common rear speaker problems. Thinkin bout just whacking some 6x9's in anyway next plan is to prise my sub from the other halfs mini where its had a temporary home just gotta fight with her to get it back