PDA

View Full Version : Help Repairing Vw Golf Mk5

mk5golfdriver
13-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Hello, I need help replacing a vw golf mk5 passenger side wing, door mirror and headlamp!
Any instructions welcome.
thanks, Tracey

Wazza_G
13-01-2008, 07:43 PM
1/ Drive more carefully!

2/ Take it to a professional bodyshop & let them do it.

JohnWithAGolf
13-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I had to repair my headlight and front wing. I bought a new wing for £35 and a friend sprayed it and fixed the headlight assembly mountings with liquid-plastic, a bit of a bodge job but it worked. If it's anything worse you'll need an approved repairer, there's probably more damage underneath!

mk5golfdriver
14-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Not very helpful was it Wassa G!
What makes you think I was driving it ...hmmm?

mk5golfdriver
14-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Ive done the same with my wing and i bought a light and mirror off ebay which im getting put on, i just needed some instructions! The underneath is fine ive had it checked and i'm having an M.O.T when its repaired.
Thanx for the advice on that....I still need instructions on the light tho, if u know how??
Ta.

JohnWithAGolf
17-01-2008, 08:19 PM
The light was the hassle, especially as I had broken the mountings and had to rebuild them with liquid plastic. Be carefull to mount the light correctly otherwise you'll fail you MoT on your alignment (some MoT stations can be really picky)
The light mounts into the bumper and wing, just be really patient.

Ben
17-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Ive done the same with my wing and i bought a light and mirror off ebay which im getting put on, i just needed some instructions! The underneath is fine ive had it checked and i'm having an M.O.T when its repaired.
Thanx for the advice on that....I still need instructions on the light tho, if u know how??
Ta.

instructions http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20808

:p