PDA

View Full Version : 150pd golf overfuelling & smoke what can cause this?????

phil76
13-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Right you lot hello!! right car seems to be smokin bad from start up to 20-30mins driving when it seems to start clearing,the smoke a few of us are sure 99% that it is unburnt fuel with colour and smell and didnt really put 2n2 together but its not been turning out then normal mpg's,so what can cause this ?? i have changed coolant sensor but car seems no different,so could this be a valve,sensor or airleak etc ??

big_ste7689
14-01-2008, 12:30 PM
i had this problem and mine was an air leak from the lower boost pipe but you could hear that there was a leak. you could hear the turbo swirling up a lot more n it used to dump like a modded rs turbo lol. check ya pipes and see if thats the problem. you lost any power?

phil76
14-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Not much if any but yeah thats what i have noticed the noise,did yours split or just keep blowing itself off"oooer missus" like mine used to but i am thinking its that again,how did you cure yours new pipe or did you make some clamps?

big_ste7689
15-01-2008, 10:12 AM
well, mine was a bit more complicated coz ive got a front mount intercooler, but i went to the local VAG tuning centre and got them to make me a custom silicone lower boost pipe and fitted it cost me £120. but now theres no noise, hardly any smoke and the response is ten times better. mine was actually split, it had weakened and moved so that it was rubbin against the block everytime i accelerated , causing a gash in it.

phil76
16-01-2008, 01:13 AM
Havnt all 150's got a front mounted cooler cos i thought they had? but sorted mine today n even though it felt quickish before it feels better now alot secured mine with a webbing of cable ties & done all others aswell so lets hope now more power loss! anychance you can send me a pic of what they have done to yours cos interested.thanks for reply my good man!!