PDA

View Full Version : Touareg Parking Sensors!

DP001
13-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi,

New to this fourm and hoping someone can :1zhelp: !!

I have a 54 plate Touareg 2.5TDi with a number of factory fitter accessories...including front and rear parking sensors.

A week ago, I parked at home close to my garage and I used the parking sensors to get nice and close without hitting anything :)

I returned to the car a couple of days later and when I drove off, only the extreme red lights on the display were shown along with a solid tone and the sensors were not working. Since then, they have not worked.

Is there a 'reset' needed that I can effect or is this a dealer job? Is this a known fault??

FYI My manufacturers warranty ran out 2 weeks ago....VW programmed to fail after warranty or just a conspiracy theory :)?

Any help will be appreciated.

DP

Ben
14-01-2008, 12:36 AM
sometimes all it needs is a reboot. Try disconnecting the battery for some minutes. Make sure you have your radio code 1st though and park somewhere that the sensors don't detect anything. This may or may not work, but its gotta be worth a try.

nzkosta
12-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Hello,
I have exactly the same problem and in this thread it is described perfectly. Did resetting the battery helped at all? where can I find my radio code before I proceed with this action?

Thanks a lot.