PDA

View Full Version : **Coolant Temperature Sensor**

Joshuaantonio
12-01-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm new to this forum and hope I'm posting this in the right place, here's my scenario......After spending about 7K in repairs for the following parts in the past six months *Transmission rebuild, Cam Gasket Seals, Ignition Coil, Tie Rod Ends, ABS Control Module etc...I've discovered that I need to replace the Coolant Temperature Sensor. I have the sensor but cant get to it because there is a huge air intake tube (Hard Plastic) of somekind in the way and i found one screw at the top but its still being held on by another one! Is there anyone who can help me get this off???? (1998 Audi A4 2.8 V6) 104,000mi
:zx11:

*I think it's called the Air Intake Duct** that I need to remove

jocker01
15-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi, You have to remove this plastik hose. one end is fitted to air fillter cover and other end is fitted to throtlle body. good luck. regards Jocker01

Joshuaantonio
15-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi and thanks for your response, I got all of the air intake stuff off but I cant get the throttle body off. (Thad hard piece of plastic) There's one screw on top that I took out but there's still something connecting it??? Can't figure out how to remove it. Any advice???

jocker01
16-01-2008, 12:25 PM
if I was You i will try do move that hose a bit on a site, That should be enough to remove this sensor (dual temperature sender 059919501 -this is part number) sensor is secure only by green clip and is easy to pull out, You may loose some collant, don't forget to remove from old one ruber ring and transfer to new one. I hope that will help You. Regards Jocker01

Joshuaantonio
16-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I'll try it tonight and let you know, thsnks!!