PDA

View Full Version : GTI Rattle

jemginge
12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Hi,
I have a 2006 mk5 gti when starting from very cold (overnight) there is an audible rattle from the gearbox or enginge. The noise is audible in the car and goes when the clutch is depressed but comes back when released.
Its been back to have a new dual mass fly wheel only 300 miles ago but still the same, has any body got any ideas?

Jemginge.:confused:

Nicks
12-01-2008, 03:22 PM
does it always happen on every cold start? leave it with vw and let them start it in the morning.. but you have to make sure they listen to it from the first start and not after some gimp has moved it out of the garage to the out doors.. I say this because I had the same problem with my 1.8T golf and they could never find what was doing it. I even left it there for two nights and they told me they could hear nothing... i bet they never looked hard enough though. there are other threads on this concerning the mk4 under horrible noise from cold start.. you would have thought vw would have sorted this by now. Yours is still under warranty so get back in there and demand this get sorted don't let them talk you out of it saying they all do it or something because that's bull..

good luck!