PDA

View Full Version : air vent guages

subly
12-01-2008, 01:18 PM
hi
just wanted to know if ne1 has attempted too diy the airvent to fit a guage in as i seriously cant justify spendin the money regal or awe want for the kit....
if some1 has spare 1's i dont mind takin em off ur hands and obviously pay for ur troubles...
many thanks

paul20v
13-01-2008, 08:13 PM
hi
made one my self took some time but worth it, but no i dont have pics before you ask sorry i sold the car a while back , i filled the vent dowm to a flat surface (leaving the side curved) so that i could mount a piece of aluminium to the vent i drill a 52mm hole into the ally then bonded it to the vent (tiger seal semi structural sealer) then put the hole saw through the ally to take out the bits of vent that was left ,then primed and satin blacked it , i went for it with one of the original vents but if your unsure get a spare this was probably no help and pics would have been nice , sorry could not be more help

subly
14-01-2008, 07:44 AM
i think i no wat u mean...
so ur vent ended up blocked wid a gauge in the middle...ne idea or advice on how i cud do it wid out blockin/blankin the vent area..
i will hav too giv it a try...its all trial n era...n alot of cursin i guess...thank u fo rthe advise..will keep u posted...
many thanks

paul20v
14-01-2008, 02:48 PM
yes mate the vent was blocked but with 3 there was no great loss with 1 missing and i allways find the awe one looks like someone has just shoved a guage in the fins also they do not use a 52 mm guage (so you cant change it) and the guage is pretty poor i did buy one and then sold it again for them reasons then made my own and put a quality guage in also the awe one may still work but is not directional cause the lever has gone so no one benefits from it
have fun