PDA

View Full Version : Head Light Brightness & Height Adjustment

TANKSTER
12-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone.

I've just bought some 100w H7 bulbs for my 1.8T 2002 as the ones in there already aren't too bright, also the ones at the moment don't seem to show much in the way of distance in front.

(I've tried driving with full beam on past quite a few cars and only ONE out of about TWENTY cars has flashed) so that can't be bright enough really

So I was wondering how easy is it to adjust the height of the actual headlight itself allowing more distance once I've put in the new bulbs

I'm a complete novice when it comes to cars so all the advice I can get will be helpful.
:beerchug:

Thanks

KeithS
12-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone.

So I was wondering how easy is it to adjust the height of the actual headlight itself allowing more distance once I've put in the new bulb

Thanks

I believe the headlamp beam has to be within certain limits to pass a MOT. This is to prevent dazzling other drivers. So although you can adjust the height yourself, you might fail your next MOT.

TANKSTER
12-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Thanks.

I understand that about the MOT but have to admit other cars seem to have some very bright and high head light beams and these all seem to be on newer cars.

I guess I'll have to take a chance on a slight adjustment so I can see more of the road at night