PDA

View Full Version : passat bubbles in fuel line what can cause this

jill300268
11-01-2008, 11:25 PM
1.9 TDI PASSAT 1996 95000 MILES ON CLOCK

i may have found a probable cause today .the fuel line pump for some reason has bubbles in the clear plastic pipe just by the pump ,this was happening when they tried to start the car the other day .with the above diagnosed problem on other link about my passat.
.i have taken the fuel filter off the car and its not even half full ,turned the car over and its no fuel getting through to the filter or coming through pipes ,but i have quarter of tank of diesel ..???????? i was told to hold the 2 diesel pipes in a separate container of diesel to by pass the tank for possible air intake leaks,i have no success in doing this as the pump still wont pick up the fuel from the by pass container tempory tank,there is lots of bubbles still in the clear pipe when i do this ,do i have to bleed the fuel to get the pump to still pump the fuel or will the pump do this??????or is there a easy way to check this and to eliminate the pump as the suspected
problem .because i have been told that the pump if there is not enough fuel getting through this will cause the same problems as the first problem

any help on this please
thanks jill