PDA

View Full Version : Cardiff Audi have turned my drama into a crisis!

LynneC
11-01-2008, 09:22 PM
I have had a 53 reg A2 for just over a year. I quite liked it, generally speaking (until this week) – it has some annoying quirks, which, from what I’ve read, are fairly common – it pulls to the left, there’s a knocking sound when pulling away, it sticks in reverse every so often – but nothing dramatic.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, my other half complained to me that the hazard lights on the car had turned themselves on, on their own, whilst he was at work – he walked back to his car park at the end of the day to find them flashing away merrily. This happened a couple more times, including during journeys, culminating, early this week, in an aborted trip to work where they were coming on every couple of seconds, & he had to practically hold his thumb on the button all the way to Cardiff Audi to seek help.

Fair play to them, they took the car in on the day and said they would look into it. However, for what appeared to be a minor electrical problem, I was mortified to have to pay £440 to get it – allegedly – fixed; they said it was some control unit or other (NB. not the engine management system, something else) that they’d had to replace. But you can guess what’s coming next…

I walked out of my front door this morning to find the hazard lights flashing away on their own again. Off we go back to Cardiff Audi (more time begged off work) – and now, not only am I £440 out of pocket with no resolution to my problem, but they have now quoted me just under £1,300 more to – supposedly – fix it, this time by replacing the front door looms, which they say appear to have ‘evidence of slight water ingress’ – hence a total cost (assuming the second attempt at fixing it works) of a tenner shy of £1,750 to stop the hazard lights turning themselves on! Is it me, or is this totally ridiculous, for a four year old car, bought for under £10k, that is one month out of its dealer purchase warranty?

paul b
11-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Get nasty and threaten to complain, they might re-consider. After hearing this i'll never use Cardiff Audi. Stockport Audi have always been helpful but that's another matter. Ask Audi customer services to sort it out and they may force Cardiff Audi to become a little more helpful. By the way, does it have full Audi service history? If it does let customer services know that as I know it's something they like to hear.
Paul

sean red i
13-01-2008, 12:31 PM
hi lynnec, why dont you get a second opinion from bridgend. tape the button down to get you there. im in newport and go passed cardiff audi to go to bridgend. Cardiff charge more than bridgend and swansea audi, need to pay for that new show room? havent used cardiff for a long time, i always check but the last service etc i had cardiff were £100 dearer.
thanks sean

LynneC
13-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks, guys - will be taking both your advice!

simo911
14-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks, guys - will be taking both your advice!
hi lynne
the fault on the tt turned out to be a alarm siren faulty. hope you sort it
simon

LynneC
17-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks, Simon.

Juzcymru
05-02-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi LynneC - I think audi garages are a rip off basically, i would suggest you try NG motors in Splot http://www.ngmotors.co.uk who are really helpful and have lots of experience with Audi's and A2s. I took mine there for a service and then to fit a break like switch and they have been more than helpful with excellent customer service.

Good luck getting it sorted :Blush: