PDA

View Full Version : Headlight range help please

-chris-
11-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I recently fitted xenon headlight upgrades to my 2004 passat. Ever since fitting them the range on the headlight as in how far up the road they shine is less. I was hoping someone could please tell me how to adjust them to make them shine further up the road. On the top of the light casing it says see owners manual for adjustement. When i refer to the manual it mentions nothing of adjustment for the lights. Would greately appreciate some assistance in solving this please.
Thanks

snapdragon
11-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Look on top by the head lamps you should see two service holes (one outer and one inner) where you will see a plastic adjustment screw which requires a hexagon wrench or a flathead screw driver that fits.

Note the outer alignment screw is the hole located on top.

3. lateral adjust/ horizontal adust is the right side hole. (which way to turn I've forgotten try incremental trial and error til you determine which way is left and which way is moving the beam to the right)

4. vertical adjust is the adjustment screw located on the leftside of driver side headlamps assembly from above. turn counter clockwise to raise and clockwise to drop. its been awhile so i'm not quite sure .

5. passenger side lateral and vertical adjust is symetrical. remember outer hole from above is lateral adjust and inner hole is vertical adjust. Generous and cautious turns will be needed to notice any change.

6, Also check the cogwheel is engaging with the cog seen from the back of the headlight (look with a torch) these adjusters are usually broken after a few years.