PDA

View Full Version : Problem with central locking

alex.cw.ie
15-10-2006, 10:19 PM
I have Audi 1.9 tdi 130 bhp 2001. Every time when car is left for a couple hours after driving, or over night, it won`t open from remote key. But once you open and go for a short drive, remote key works. I have changed the battery in it, but it did not help. Also the middle button on the key does nothing, the boot won`t open. Does any one know, what is wrong?

MCCLATCHIE
18-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Hi I have a simular proplem my system for some time now has been playing up not unlocking the back door working and not working alarm as well.
But when you start all door unlock.
It has been to Audi at a cost and they have advised me that my carpet on the N/S is socking wet and that is where the control unit is housed.
I have pulled up the carpet and it is very wet the foam backing is like a spouge,look at some other reports on this site there must be a design problem as the inside under the bonnet the top gully is where all of the water is directed from the screen, I have not yet pull the battery out but thinking there must be a run off hole or pipe that is blocked and audi no the proplems that can accur.

MCCLATCHIE
18-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Hi I have a simular proplem my system for some time now has been playing up not unlocking the back door working and not working alarm as well.
But when you start all door unlock.
It has been to Audi at a cost and they have advised me that my carpet on the N/S is socking wet and that is where the control unit is housed.
I have pulled up the carpet and it is very wet the foam backing is like a spouge,look at some other reports on this site there must be a design problem as the inside under the bonnet the top gully is where all of the water is directed from the screen, I have not yet pull the battery out but thinking there must be a run off hole or pipe that is blocked and audi no the proplems that can accur.