PDA

View Full Version : Which is best, Parrot 3200 or 3100?

petera1979
11-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I am getting the Parrot 3200 fitted tomorrow but debating whether to get the 3100 instead. I've read on some of the threads regarding a 3200 that the mic is quite quiet which maybe due to the mic being built into the unit.

I heard some good reviews about the 3100 maybe because of the seperate mic, but i like the colour display of the 3200 and the fact that it can read from the phone address book.

I've got til tommorrow afternoon to decide so which one should i go for?

Quick responses would be appreciated.

dale3103
11-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I have a 3200 and it works very well, mine has a seperate mic mounted on the door pillar, I only asked for the standard kit, are you sure that one wont be fitted?

I hope you are not getting Halfords to fit, I had nothing but trouble with their inept fitters, I had to have an airbag fault reset by a dealer for £51, to their credit Halfords did pay for this but still have the hassle of tajking the car backwards and forwards.

petera1979
11-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I have a 3200 and it works very well, mine has a seperate mic mounted on the door pillar, I only asked for the standard kit, are you sure that one wont be fitted?

I hope you are not getting Halfords to fit, I had nothing but trouble with their inept fitters, I had to have an airbag fault reset by a dealer for £51, to their credit Halfords did pay for this but still have the hassle of tajking the car backwards and forwards.

I decided to go for the 3200 like you but mine was the latest version with the built in mic. I got it done at a place in St. Albans, Herts. Really good job and would recommend them.

I got the 3200 fitted on the right side of the Hazard light panel. They did a very tidy job. Paid about £230. Abit pricy but they have a very good reputation.

I tested it straight away and most of my friends were impressed. Had a slight echo with one person I called but I guess you won't get a perfect call all the time with handsfree kits.

I heard about ********* from the other threads so even though they were cheap I knew not to go with them!

Anyway I would recommend the 3200 but I hope I haven't spoken to soon.........

james_tiger_woo
16-01-2008, 10:59 PM
I've got the 3100 and it's really good - the separate mic can be pointed far better and I've been told that clarity is really good. With no echo at all.

I don't like the fact that I can only seem to get the primary phone number up - annoying when I have 4-5 numbers per person and can only get to one from the parrot itself.

Total Car Kits
17-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I like both kits, but i personally like the 3200 better for its colour screen. Easier to see and can add photos and own wallpaper.