PDA

View Full Version : Coolant troubles!

howesy
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi I'm having troubles with the coolant in my Golf Mk5 1.6 FSI SE 54 and I'm just wondering if anybody else has had the same problems as I am having.

The issue is my coolant goes from at the maximum mark to below the minimum mark and I get an error on the dash in about 4 to 6 weeks. I know this shouldn't be normal. The car has been in and out of the garage where I purchased it about 6 times now. They have run pressure tests lots of times and can't find where it's coming from. They say they found a "seeping pipe" which could be the cause but again six weeks later after changing the pipe I got an error again and the coolant was low. Today they have replaced the radiator on the hope that this will cure the problem but although I hope it does fix my problem I have my doubts.

My warranty runs out at the end of March so I want to get it sorted before then.

If anyone has any opinions I would be very grateful.

Howesy

Crasher
10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Radiator leakage on this platform (Golf5/Octavia2 etc) is very common.

zerodayz
02-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Howesy,

Did the new Rad fix your problem?

I've the same issue on my Golf Mk5 04.

VW Service can't find the fault :mad:

Thanks

zerodayz

pughster25
03-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Hi I'm having troubles with the coolant in my Golf Mk5 1.6 FSI SE 54 and I'm just wondering if anybody else has had the same problems as I am having.

The issue is my coolant goes from at the maximum mark to below the minimum mark and I get an error on the dash in about 4 to 6 weeks. I know this shouldn't be normal. The car has been in and out of the garage where I purchased it about 6 times now. They have run pressure tests lots of times and can't find where it's coming from. They say they found a "seeping pipe" which could be the cause but again six weeks later after changing the pipe I got an error again and the coolant was low. Today they have replaced the radiator on the hope that this will cure the problem but although I hope it does fix my problem I have my doubts.

My warranty runs out at the end of March so I want to get it sorted before then.

If anyone has any opinions I would be very grateful.

Howesy

surely if you have reported the fault within your warranty time bracket and they have'nt totally rectified the fault then they are still under obligation to fix this.....I got my new turbo out of Arnold Clark 7 weeks after buying the car (only 30 days warranty) as it took them 4 saturdays to diagnose the fault, took lots of screaming and knashing of teeth but they did replace it:aargh4:

just a thought:beerchug: