PDA

View Full Version : Damping Ring wanted - Polo front strut

spockley
14-10-2006, 02:29 PM
On removing the offside strut from my granddaughter's 1993 Polo, I found that the cause of the previously-heard knocking noise was that the "damping ring "just under the top mount, had apparently been omitted by the previous bodger (the present one being me, before you ask).
Does anyone know where I could obtain this item - either new or secondhand? It appears just to be a thick rubber ring. Many thanks.

EDIT : but am I barking up the wrong tree? According to my trusty Haynes manual, the damping ring is a separate item from the top mount. However - the new one of these I bought has a thick rubber ring bonded to it. Is *this* the damping ring? And so is it not a separate item after all? And so was the rattling noise caused simply by insufficient tightening of the top nut? Will find out later today. PS - why is my name and password never "remembered" when always requested to be?

Yes - I can confirm that the so-called damping ring is integral with the top-mount, and so no wonder nobody could supply it. Spockley 20/10/06