PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

audipersempre
09-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi All,

I am pleased to join you with two Audi's! In April 2007 I bought a 2002 A4 3 Litre Cabriolet with manual box for my partner. Paid a bit of a premium as it was from a franchised dealer but a very nice car in silver with blue leather and hood. 38k miles on the clock when purchased with 2 years free servicing and 1 year warranty. I also paid out to have all the wood interior trim replaced with silver aluminium look which wasn't available in 2002. Cost me £500 which is ludicrous money but my better half had a smile on her face so wide it was worth every penny and presumably makes the car a bit unique unless anyone knows different? :D

To be honest it's a bit of a shopping trolley and school run car and it has a manual box when I prefer auto's so it hasn't been driven many miles by either of us! In addition, apart from replacing the battery this winter, there have been no problems so I browsed this site but didn't join. Have to say I did find out just how difficult it is to replace the battery on an A4, what a pig of a job! I assume there is a specific Audi tool for removing the allen key bolt on the battery clamp but I didn't have it. Grrr.

Now I have my own Audi so thought I should join and take part in this great forum. I don't have the car yet but the finance documents are all signed and sent off so it's a done deal. I pick it up in about 8 days. It's a 2002 A6 2.7T Sport with auto box from a non franchised dealer (and half the price of the A4 cabriolet!). Metallic grey with black leather / alcantara. 67k miles and a full Audi history except for the fact that the previous owner declined to have the cambelts, tensioners, water pump etc changed last year when it was 5 years old (stupid decision!). This is why I have to wait for the car as the overhaul is being done next week, still at least I don't have to pay for it!

So that's my introduction and I will now go post some questions on the A6 site.

Best Regards

Steve

MalcQV
09-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Welcome. The name is definitely Howes and not Howe? :p

:beerchug:

audipersempre
09-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Definitely has the 'S'

golf tdi 02
09-01-2008, 02:33 PM
hello and welcome

:beerchug::beerchug:

Ben
09-01-2008, 06:42 PM
welcome to the forum

MalcQV
09-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Definitely has the 'S'

:p Thought we may have had one of the greatest guitarists ever. There again for all I know you might be :D

:beerchug:

matt111074
09-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Welcome from another newbie! :D