PDA

View Full Version : A4 1.9TDI 110 Mass flow

tubbs
14-10-2006, 02:27 PM
I have recently replaced my MFM on my car as it was hesitant on acceleration above 2000rpm.I got a non Audi /VW one from ebay.On fitting the car was more lively but had a flat spot just after 2000rpm plus it was putting out loads of smoke on acceleration.I have now put the old MFM in as I prefer the running with this.
Can anyone give me any advice on this,could the new MFM be at fault or is the problem lurking elsewhere.
Thanks Tubbs

onzarob
14-10-2006, 07:59 PM
I have recently replaced my MFM on my car as it was hesitant on acceleration above 2000rpm.I got a non Audi /VW one from ebay.On fitting the car was more lively but had a flat spot just after 2000rpm plus it was putting out loads of smoke on acceleration.I have now put the old MFM in as I prefer the running with this.
Can anyone give me any advice on this,could the new MFM be at fault or is the problem lurking elsewhere.
Thanks Tubbs

I bought mine from ebay and it works perfectly, mine says it has a 30000mile warranty as well. I have notice that some how to guides say to disconnect the battery for 10 mins to reset the learned figures in the ECU. I didn't do this but it might be worth a try....just make sure you've got the radio code ;) !!!!

Rob :D

The Sandman
16-10-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks Tubbs

I have the exact same problem and I have taken it to my mate who has diagnostic equipment which comes up with the error "intake manifold pressure". Previously I had taken out the mass air flow sensor and cleaned it with brake cleaner but this did not work. My mate told me that it could be the charge air cooler which could be at fault. It could also be the turbo that is at fault. I will let you know if I get mine fixed shortly. Let me know if you get to the bottom of the problem.

Cheers,

Chris.

whackdacat
12-11-2006, 08:56 AM
I have the exact same problem and I have taken it to my mate who has diagnostic equipment which comes up with the error "intake manifold pressure". Previously I had taken out the mass air flow sensor and cleaned it with brake cleaner but this did not work. My mate told me that it could be the charge air cooler which could be at fault. It could also be the turbo that is at fault. I will let you know if I get mine fixed shortly. Let me know if you get to the bottom of the problem.

Cheers,

Chris.

Chris,

Did you get yours sorted, what was the outcome?

cheers,
James

adamss24
12-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Hi, i would not use nothing but electronics cleaner(non rezidue spray !) when atempting to clean the MAF and people done that beffore but it wont last long. Replace with a PIERBURG one as they more reliable than the Bosch ones. In your case it could be the charge pressure control valve/ the turbo actuator or the turbo itself(jammed vanes on the exhaust side). You could take the turbo off the car, open the exhaust side(its hold by 6-8 bolts), split it open and clean the mechanics inside. Use lots of brake cleaner to soak and dont use no abrasive/wire brush, just use a soft paint brush to soak in every corner. Make shure you line up the mechanics with their respective holes and double check if the rod from actuator moves smoothly before tightening all up! While you there is a good ideea to clean the intake manifold and EGR valve as there will be carbon build up as well. Fit everything back (you may have to use new gaskets and turbo's nuts) and remember to prime the turbocharger with fresh clean oil trough the exhaust port and when finished start the car but DO NOT rev the engine for about 3-5 min to let the oil flow trough the turbo. Take lots of pictures if in doubt as it will help if you get stuck. Its not a difficult job but its fiddly but you know its been well done. PS: if cleaning the intake, please do not clean the gunk on the cylinders as crude will fall into the pistons and could lodge between valves and seats, also soak the manifold in carb cleaner overnight and use a power washer with hot water. It is cheaper to get a gallon or two of paint thinner from a automotive paint shop. Also you could do a search on www.tdiclub.com as there is a video of how to clean the turbocharger and the intake manifold. Hope this helps!