PDA

View Full Version : hi,can anyone help please

daveb2008
08-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi I have just joined the forum and hoping someone out there could offer me some advice please. I have a VW golf 1999 1.6se and have trouble with my central locking.It started a few weeks ago,whenever I locked the car the electric windows wound down, now I just cant unlock the drivers door unless I enter from the passenger side and unlock it via the door panel. Its driving me crazy and I would really appreciated some help to point me in the right direction, thanks a lot Dave......:1zhelp:

Crasher
08-01-2008, 11:45 PM
The windows should all come down if you hold the key in the open position for a few seconds and they will also close if the key is held in the locked position and not the opposite so I think you have a faulty driver’s door lock mechanism but a fault code scan of the convenience unit should help diagnose this. Does it have an aftermarket remote control alarm system or is it original? The mechanism has to be replaced as a complete unit and also means stripping the door down. The part number for yours should be 6X2 837 014 H (£93.42) and that needs a new operating cable, 1J3 837 069 B (£1.85).