PDA

View Full Version : How To Remove Front Ashtray Cover

gunshotx
08-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Hi I have an AUDI A4 2007, auto, and have some coins that fell in the slot where the front ashtray cover is. Now the ashtray cover does not fully open.

How can I remove the cover to take coins out.

Please help.

GH20TDI
09-01-2008, 10:23 AM
I had exactly the same problem and couldn't see how to remove the cover - I think I would have had to remove the stereo and air con units.

In the end a few hard hits to the side of the centre console by the ashtray move the coins sufficiently. They are still there but not in the way!

gunshotx
09-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I had exactly the same problem and couldn't see how to remove the cover - I think I would have had to remove the stereo and air con units.

In the end a few hard hits to the side of the centre console by the ashtray move the coins sufficiently. They are still there but not in the way!

Thanks let me give it a try, i certainly don;t want to remove all the console pieces, I wish it was like my old MK4 where I would just slide it out. :-(

I'll try it out mate!

Cheers!

LSC
11-02-2008, 11:13 PM
I had the exact same problem with my 2005 Audi A4 and it is really simple to fix, but you need the stereo removal keys part #T10057 that is about $20 to do it. Once you do here is how you do it:

1. Pull out stero by putting the keys in all four slots and then pull outward. Unplug four plug on the back. Easy stuff.
2. Push the A/C unit out from the back.
3. Unscrew two screws holding the ashtray and pull it out.

Rinse and repeat!

I think if you are really cheap you could probably find a way to pop out your A/C unit out without taking out the stereo too cause it isn't bolted in, but be careful if you do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Land for Sale
Search Land for Sale...
Buy Land Online w/Owner Financing.
www.LandSalesCo.com (http://www.landsalesco.com)

Andyuk911
12-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Same for me , LOL ... I have the keys somewhere, so i'll get my coins out !