PDA

View Full Version : cambelt change on tdi

HOVISVW
13-10-2006, 11:28 PM
hi there i have a 2001 passat tdi auto with 130000 miles on the clock,
the cambelt was changed at 124000 miles,
WHEN WILL IT NEED DOING AGAIN as i cant find any refrence to this. Also what should i do on a 130000 mile service,

sorry but i normally work on vw tye 2 campers

:1zhelp::1zhelp:

adamss24
14-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi, you do not say the engine code as it must be taken into consideration for somme TDI built until 2001. After 2001MY-> replacement every 60.000miles and cambelt tensioner pulley must also be replaced, also while you there, replace the water pump and every bolt you take off. Get the whole cambelt kit from a vw dealer. You must take in consideration the way the car has been used. If its been used mainly in town with lots of stops and starts, that puts a lot of strain on the belt and should be taken into account as its wise to replace before its due. Hope this helps.

HOVISVW
14-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi, you do not say the engine code as it must be taken into consideration for somme TDI built until 2001. After 2001MY-> replacement every 60.000miles and cambelt tensioner pulley must also be replaced, also while you there, replace the water pump and every bolt you take off. Get the whole cambelt kit from a vw dealer. You must take in consideration the way the car has been used. If its been used mainly in town with lots of stops and starts, that puts a lot of strain on the belt and should be taken into account as its wise to replace before its due. Hope this helps.

DO YO MEAM THE ENGINE NUMBER,
also whats the best oil to use in the engine and how mutch

:confused::confused::1zhelp: