PDA

View Full Version : Audi wheel centre caps - help?

wid77
08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi,

I woke up a month ago to find all 4 centre caps gone from the alloy wheels on my car. The car is a 2001 A4 and the wheels are the original 10 spoke 16" alloys. As well as being quite annoyed i am finding it hard to get some to replace them.

I have contacted a number of breakers but of course they will only sell them with the wheels they are attached to. I have telephoned Audi but they want £70+. I would reluctantly pay this if i knew that they wouldn't get stolen again, especially as they would be shiny new ones!

I have been looking on ebay for a few weeks now but they only sell the ones for the 15" 8 spoke alloy. I have also tried some other places on the internet but no luck so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions, apart from what one broker said to me which was, "if i was you mate then i would go and steal myself some off another car". Of course this is an option but not one that i would take as i know how much upset it causes the owner and of course, it is not morally right and against the law.

Thanks for any help.
Wid77

bwfcboy
08-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi,
Keep checking ebay!
I got a 2nd hand set for about £35 but I had to wait a week or so for a listing to appear.

wid77
08-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi,
Keep checking ebay!
I got a 2nd hand set for about £35 but I had to wait a week or so for a listing to appear.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that.

Cheers

diesel-a4
09-01-2008, 12:09 AM
drop the guy an email that has the 15" ones and ask if he has what ever to suit you.

I needed a new front ashtray and one was listed for a new A4, just emailed and asked, it was with me 2days l8r

wid77
09-01-2008, 12:11 AM
drop the guy an email that has the 15" ones and ask if he has what ever to suit you.

I needed a new front ashtray and one was listed for a new A4, just emailed and asked, it was with me 2days l8r

Hi, yes i tried that but didn't get a reply. There are loads listed for the 15" wheels but not the 16" ones. Strange!

perm100
24-01-2010, 04:27 PM
you have my sympathy. We took our 2 month old baby swimming to the local sports centre and when we came out all 4 of ours had been stolen too! We have a 2005 A4 avant and it's a nightmare trying to source replacement caps.

neil w
24-01-2010, 05:18 PM
The 15" wheel centre caps fit the 16" ten spoke wheels and look okay on the car that is what mine had fitted when I bought it

wid77
24-01-2010, 11:51 PM
you have my sympathy. We took our 2 month old baby swimming to the local sports centre and when we came out all 4 of ours had been stolen too! We have a 2005 A4 avant and it's a nightmare trying to source replacement caps.

Hi, yes i was really mad at the time. However, after being unable to find any secondhand ones or ones from an alternative supplier i finally bit the bullet and bought a new set of four from our local Audi dealer. From memory i think the cost was about £15 each + VAT. I am glad i did as the car looks so much better for it and these new ones haven't been removed by anyone since (touch wood).

Bagel
25-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Mate, try Advanced Autobody in Derby (Sandown Road, off Ascot Drive). Sorry don't have the number on me. They do wheel re-furbs and did mine for me. I've got a 1.8TQS with the 17'' 10 spokes. All my centre caps had bubbled so they ordered new ones from somewhere. Don't know where they got them and they are probably different to yours but it's worth a call to them. I know for a fact they weren't anywhere near £70 as I had all four wheels done up like new and all 4 centre caps for £200. Good lads (John or Martin)
I bet they'd order 'em and send 'em on.

Good luck and hope this helps