PDA

View Full Version : V6 4Motion - water leak fom front passenger's door

venividi
07-01-2008, 11:14 PM
I live on a road with a very slight incline but quiet a bad camber (Victorian street.) I normally park on the road facing down with the passenger's side on the high side due to the camber.

I recently noticed a small pool of water on the passenger side floormat and wondered were it had come from. The next time it rained hard, I sat in the car and looked around. The water seemed to be entering by tracking accross the seal into the car below the door, (just where the downward footwell trim meets the trim on the door sill), tracking across the carpet surface (surface tension?) and on to the rubber mat. I assume this is due to the water pooling on the door sill due to the angle of the car.

Looking at the underside of the door I see a 'blade-like' rubber seal that would flatten when the door closes. I assume this is what the water tracks across? What purpose does this serve and could I safely remove it?

I know the obvious thing to do is park the other way round but that's not always easy due to the location. That and the fact that cars shouldn't leak.

Any ideas? :confused: