PDA

View Full Version : White Smoke, Sqeal from Engine, and no acceleration!!!!!!!!!!!!

soppet123
07-01-2008, 02:43 PM
I urgently need help. I was driving along the motorway yesterday in my Seat Altea 1.9 TDI Stylance, at a constant speed when all of a sudden I heard a loud click from the engine and a high pitch sqeal which responded when I pushed the accelerator.

I pulled over to the hard shoulder, stopped and revved the engine a bit and plumes of black smoke came out of the exhaust. I turned the engine off and tried to crawl along to the next services, I moved about 100 yards and then the accelerator completely stopped being responsive.

I waited for the AA for an hour and when they tried to start the car the engine would not turnover and plumes of white smoke were coming out of the exhaust.:aargh4:

They could not tell what it was and thought that it had been mis-fuelled or filled with contaminated fuel, but I have had several people tell me that a fan belt (or something similar) has gone, but this does not explain the loss of power!?

Can anyone help? My local Seat garage can't even look at it for a week!?

Help URGENTLY needed!

Thanks!

:confused: