PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Help!

Muddy_porcupine
06-01-2008, 11:37 PM
First of all, Hello!

Im usually lurking in the Landrover forums as thats my main toy however, i now have a Mk1 Golf 5dr that im kinda tempted to 'do up' as a second motor/money muncher!

Now, its kinda been underwater :rolleyes: So the engine is a wee bit knackered although we have ripped the head off and free'd it off with a block of wood and a hammer (ok, ok, so we'r farmers!) Its not quite back in one peice yet but i dont think it would be a great runner even if i did get it going (it is a deisel tho so that does raise its chances!)

The car itself isnt too bad paint and rust wise but it does need a clean up!

So, i'll stop talking crap and get to the big question, is it worth doing? Would i be better sourcing another engine and if so, how much/ how easy is it to get hold of? I am able to swap engines meself so thats a cost saving!

Either that or, can anyone make me an offer?!?! Its sitting west of edinburgh if anyones interested! Lol!

Cheers, Muddy

hagis
06-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Hi Muddy, welcome on board.

I've been after an old Land Rover for years, unfortunately they're really not practical for the amount of miles I do. I will have one one day.

You'll probably best posting this in the general car topic or the Golf topic, I'm sure there are lots of people who will help you there.

Muddy_porcupine
07-01-2008, 10:50 AM
unfortunately they're really not practical for the amount of miles I do

Lol! Tell me about it! It drinks literally twice the fuel going at 70 than 55!

I'll copy and paste over to the mk1 golf bit i think!

Thanks, Muddy