PDA

View Full Version : Passat 1.9tdi se accelerate on it own

newboy999
06-01-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my passat. When I'm driving it, it seem to accelerate on it's own when I'm slowing down, specially when turning corners. If I apply the break first just before the clutch to slow it down, the engine idles before it looses it's power and die. To prevent this I have to apply the brake and clutch almost at the same time.:confused: Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!!

jo

Crasher
06-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Is it accelerating or stalling, your post is confusing.

jimbo73
06-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Why are you depressing the clutch to slow down? And I also cant work out if it is stalling or accelerating?

Crasher
06-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Stalling is stopping and accelerating is the opposite, what does the rev counter say?

newboy999
07-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry guys my internet connection was down. Yes, sorry about the confusion. The car accelerate intermittently even when I'm not pressing on the accelerator. It feels like the engine is getting an extra long dose of diesel, which I get that extra kick in return. The Rev counter doesn't show that extra burst of trust; it's maybe because It only happen for a short period of time (less than 10 sec.). When I break, I seem to get the car back to normal operation until it repeats again. In long journeys (motorway) I don't seem to see it happening, only in built up areas it's more obvious. I hope my question is a lot more clearer:confused:. Thanks a million for replying though!!!

Regards
jo

Crasher
07-01-2008, 06:35 PM
First of all you need to have a fault code read done. What year and engine code is it?