PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading A4 tdi 110 turbo/ mods/ tuning - Advice please

simyboye
06-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi there, hope your well?
Just a quicky please?
Just about to pick a 1997 110bhp A4 Quattro Avant up, but want big bhp, dont we all?

Theres a year 2000 A4 130bhp turbo on ebay, will that fit my A4? Do PD turbo's also fit? How do I find out when I'm looking?

Whats the best remapping about? Custom, Revo, self remap etc?

To increase the bhp also, is it a case of bigger injectors and fuel pump? What size injectors and pump do I need for 200bhp-ish?

And presumably get more air into the engine?

Is there anything I need to take into account? Clutch etc?

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks
Simo
:biglaugh:

passat>sport
07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Theres a year 2000 A4 130bhp turbo on ebay, will that fit my A4? Do PD turbo's also fit? How do I find out when I'm looking?

It will bolt up to your cylinder head just fine. "But" you may/will need adapters for the intercooler pipes.

I think upto vnt 17 is a direct bolt up, anything after needs fadrication work.

WWW.KERMATDI.COM (http://www.KERMATDI.COM) sell them and have some good info on turbo upgrades.

simyboye
13-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I went down this route with 520 injectors and vnt turbo. Pd turbo will fit but your have to get something welded on to fit your existing pipework. Your ecu will be the biggest pita depending on if it's chip soldered in or just a simple map.
There's an A4 on YouTube that's 200hp.
Oh and 11mm diesel pump to get your power... :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

zollaf
13-10-2013, 06:51 PM
holy thread resurrection, but you are the op, which is good. so you have yours done now then ? what sort of power are you making ?

simyboye
13-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Think I'm having a serious blonde moment. I'm replying to my own thread. I'll go self harm. Might wake myself up. The doh!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2