PDA

View Full Version : Air Bag light.

goodwoodys
06-01-2008, 02:09 AM
Hi....This is my first post. I have been a regular reader but until now have not needed to register.I recently changed the blower motor in my 1.9 tdi passat and now have an air bag light showing.I read somewhere how to clear it using VAG-COM but I have searched all the W forums and can`t find it.I have a Ross Tech supplied 704 release with correct cable.Can anyone help.?

Zenerdiode
21-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Well, connect your cable, select Airbags 15, Fault Codes 02, post the resulting codes and descriptions.

goodwoodys
23-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi the readings you wanted are:

00589 Air Bag igniter 1 Passenger side (n131)
32-10 Resistance too high...intermittent.

The history of this is that I removed the air bag to replace the blowermotor and I think I forgot to dis the battery when I re-connected or something like that.
:o
Thanks for the help.

Zenerdiode
27-01-2008, 03:52 PM
When you were on the Read Codes page of Vag Com, did you use the 'Clear Codes' button - and has this extinguished the warning lamp?

goodwoodys
27-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Hi Zenerdiode...........Well I`m really in the mire now.When I did the check of the airbag ,I switched off the engine and that is the last I have seen of the keys.I only had 1 coded one so I can`t start the car. Vw have just quoted me £140 plus towing to the service bay to get me another key.The car probably isn`t worth that.
I`ll have another good look for them but I don`t hold out much hope.
I am fairly certain that the previous time I did the check of the fault ,I did clear the code but it was still there on re-check.
Thank you for your interest.:mad:

Theresias
15-02-2008, 03:25 PM
We have some basic instructions on how to deal with this code on our website...

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/index.php/00589

...but since your code came up due to removing the airbag it's pretty safe to clear the code.

goodwoodys
15-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Hi Theresias..........Thanks for the reply.I haven`t got a key yet so I won`t be able to check it out just yet.
I`ve probably got a flat battery as well but I don`t need VAGCOM to solve that one.:biglaugh:
Cheers...Dave Wood

Quatrelle
16-02-2008, 08:57 PM
The airbag 'fault' light on my Passat B6 has been coming on 'regularly' now for the past few months. The dealer resets it, and it returns. The last time when I shut the boot lid, and previously when my wife got out of her seat, can't remember whether it coincided with anything the first time.

It's going in for a 'new side airbag' on Tuesday. This is after dealer consultation with either VW France or head office - my French is reasonable but the service manager was going full chat when he told me. Personally, I'm not convinced it will cure it. We'll see.

Theresias
16-02-2008, 09:26 PM
I agree most likely it won't fix it. There are known issues with the connections/connectors in the seats and VW has published information to the dealers on how to take care of those issues. It comes down to removing the connector(s) and making a fixed connection instead.