PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone! Steamy car!

kernowk
05-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi there folks, never posted on any site before but here goes!
Now on my second coupe, a lovely '95 2.0 litre in purple!! Few probs- the windscreen is steaming up all the time, its not loosing water, niether is there a puddle in the passenger footwell, and I have put coolant sealent in the header tank. Im not convinced it's the heater matrix, (well not yet - fingers crossed!) any ideas? Also the temp gauges hardly move at all and the hot air is not that hot relative to my other coupe, could this be related? I haven't checked the thermostat yet but will tomorrow. I have noticed a small leak through the rear lights but nothing major, plus the rear windscreen doesn't mist up much. Help! Also she's having a damn good service tomorrow, any hints on changing the cambelt? It's an 8 valve 2L. Cheers people, great site!!!!:beerchug:

Crasher
05-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Sounds like the matrix unless water is entering the heater duct. Check the covering over the duct is not allowing water to drip in.

kernowk
27-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Yeah as suspected it was the matrix, 8 hours later and a few cuts on the arms and hands, I now have a roasting hot car! Hope I never have to do that job again!

Crasher
27-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Hope I never have to do that job again!

I keep thinking that each time!