PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 12v quattro coupe tuning

woodsyv12
05-01-2008, 10:11 AM
Hi guys, Happy new year,
I Have bought and just got on the road my 1995 2.8 12v quattro coupe. The handling is great but the engine just hasn't got enough power. I'm at a bit of a quandary......do I sell it and buy a A4 30v quattro or do I stick with the coupe and tune the engine. I've heard the A4 doesn't handle aswell if so is this easily sorted? Or if I was to stick with the coupe, which is what I'd rather do cos I like it, are there any proven tuning options, i.e. throttle bodies, cams, ecu upgrades, parts from other audi's etc.
I have removed the two cats and fitted a single stainless freeflow cat instead, Looking at the rest of the exhaust I don't think there will be much gained by fitting aftermarket system. I have a K&N panel filter in the standard airbox, other than that the car is standard with 100K on the clock.
Of course I could supercharge it or fit Nos but thats big bucks on what is basically an 13 year old car.
I'm sure there's somebody out there with 12v experience who can help or maybe even a web site with some good info on it but as yet I've not found it.
Ta ta for now