PDA

View Full Version : Engine oil !!

allyuk007
05-01-2008, 04:58 AM
Hi,

Its service time again,I have gt tdi 130 pd.

Does anyone know where best place to get engine oil from as its a tad expensive ?????:confused:

amz
06-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Service time for me aswell, and I've been looking at different options myself. General consensus has been to use the recommended VW oil for this GT TDi PD engine oil. Halfords are doing compatible PD oil for about £30 for 5litres, and some sellers on eBay are doing it for even cheaper.... the rating should be VW 505.01 (SAE 5W/40) - means nothing to me though, as a mechanically illerate person.

I'll be phoning the VW garage tomorrow for a price on the 5litre recommended oil, as I don't want to save a few quid on oil, and result in forking out major engine repair costs in future (am a little cautious like that).

Oh, and I'm getting the Oil/Air/Diesel/Pollen filters from EuroCarParts - should be able to get them all for under £30.... I don't know where to start with changing anything, so local garage will be doing the labour for £40 with my parts. VW quoted me £268 inc VAT for the same service.

v6dub
06-01-2008, 06:46 PM
yeah 5w-40 is right, however as i'm sure you know that there is 5w-40 for petrols engines and diesel engines, i would go for comma, i use it in my car, do a oil change twice a year. it is good stuff. about £30-£35 depends where you get it from.

dazzer
06-01-2008, 07:01 PM
hello mate,ive got the130pd 52 plate.i get my oil from vw.38 pounds ,thats including vat.its approved by vw.:beerchug:cheers