PDA

View Full Version : Haldex v6 4motion

scottdwyer
04-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Hi can anyone help. I own a mk4 golf v6 4motion and the 4 wheel drive is not working. I am running front wheel drive only at the moment and the amount of wheel spin I am getting is getting a bit much.

JamboV6
11-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Hi can anyone help. I own a mk4 golf v6 4motion and the 4 wheel drive is not working. I am running front wheel drive only at the moment and the amount of wheel spin I am getting is getting a bit much.
Have a read of this,
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/thread/727798.aspx
it might shed some light on the problem,
Hope it helps

James

scottdwyer
11-04-2008, 09:00 PM
Update

Took the car to vw to get it checked and they confirmed the 4wd is not working. they check it on vagcom but got no fault codes,so they said it could be the haldex controller or the pump but they will have to take it all apart to see. At £80 per hour this could prove to be expensive so I guess I will have to put up with 2 wd for the moment

mk1 Bob
12-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Scott
i was having trouble with mine a while ago,50/50 drive and a very strange rumbling noise on full lock, took it all over the place for diagnosis, silly quotes for stripping down and all the usual try ons to determine the fault, one even told me the haldex had locked up and cost would be over £300 just for labour. in the end i took the cheapest option first which was to renew haldex filter and oil. Cost £66, problem solved. Do you know when youirs was last changed.

scottdwyer
13-04-2008, 08:26 AM
I will try the filter change first to see if that will work.
I have managed to get a used haldex controller from awesomegti on ebay for £16, all I need to do now is get someone to fit it

mk1 Bob
19-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Any luck scott.

scottdwyer
19-04-2008, 08:00 PM
no time to do any thing yet, I first need to get oil and a filter off e-bay and source a gasket for the haldex unit