PDA

View Full Version : Concert II - GSM interference

george2442
04-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi Everyone!

I currently have a 2007 A3 2.0 TDI SE - and it is a pleasure to drive - done over 25000 miles since 1 Feb.

I have one issue with my car which is that the Concert II suffers very badly from interference from my mobile phone.

I work for a network and know more than your average person on how mobile phones work and what causes that 'blipping' sound when for example you put your mobile phone next to a radio in your kitchen; the simple reason is that there is not enough sheilding around the radio unit so the GSM signal causes a noise through the speakers - something we have probably all heard.

I also have the Audi Bluetooth Carkit installed in the A3, which initially I thought was causing the problem, it just turns out that because I have a factory fitted phone holder which is positioned right next to the Concert II this makes the problem far worse. :zx11:

Since receiving the vehicle in February I have pointed this out to my local dealer, who in the end have just shrugged their shoulders at tme and said there is nothing they can do!

However I have identified a systemic fault in the sheilding design in this head-unit, I was told that the problem was to do my with my phone (so I have tested it with well over 30 handsets) and with my network, so I have tested it with all the major networks so I am at a loss.

I have spoken to my dealer, who intially were receptive as they could clearly see that this was an issue, have given up; I have spoken to Audi Customer Services who have been useless, they offered me an 'upgrade' to the Symphony set for £300 which is half price and oddly enough does not suffer from any interference.

I have also been in colleugues Golf's, A4's, Passat's etc all having very similar head units none of which are affected by this problem.

My question is - has anyone else been getting this problem of interference?

Have you tried contacting Audi about this?

Do you know of anything else I *could* try to get this resolved?!!!!

Thanks and Happy New Year.:biglaugh: