PDA

View Full Version : PARROT MK6100 do I need an adapter ?

verachion
04-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I have purchased a Parrot MK6100 bluetooth handsfree kit from Halfords, I am looking to install it and would like to know if I need an adapter? I have a standard radio and standard air conditioning? which is operated using 1 button.

Thanks in advance

prolfe
06-01-2008, 10:09 PM
I have purchased a Parrot MK6100 bluetooth handsfree kit from Halfords, I am looking to install it and would like to know if I need an adapter? I have a standard radio and standard air conditioning? which is operated using 1 button.

Thanks in advance

Get halfords to fit it for FREE.

You will probably need an ISO to Quadlock adapter - £19.99 from Halfords.

They will fit it in about 45 minutes.

I know all this cos they did mine (an A3) just before Christmas when they still had 20% off their Car Kits. £143 for the kit and £19.99 for the adapter.

Make sure they fit the Mute cable correctly though.

Ben
06-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Your trusting;)

I found a good how to for a nokia kit on a mk5 golf.

where did they put your mic?

prolfe
07-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Your trusting;)

I found a good how to for a nokia kit on a mk5 golf.

where did they put your mic?

On the MK6100 the Mic is in the LCD display - in fact there are two of them. However - an external Mic can be bought and installed.

It is quite easy to install the mic up the A Pillar pointing directly at the driver's mouth.

verachion
11-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Get halfords to fit it for FREE.

You will probably need an ISO to Quadlock adapter - £19.99 from Halfords.

They will fit it in about 45 minutes.

I know all this cos they did mine (an A3) just before Christmas when they still had 20% off their Car Kits. £143 for the kit and £19.99 for the adapter.

Make sure they fit the Mute cable correctly though.e

With the VWGolf/BMW/AUDI the mute is part of the harness SOT076 adapter isn't it?

prolfe
12-01-2008, 08:50 AM
The standard ISO harness that comes with the MK6100 has three mute cables, one of these has to connect to the Tel Mute In on the back of the stereo.

The adapter just allows the ISO harness to connect easily to the quadlock on the stereo.

I looked at the pinout diagram sticker on the stereo and connected one of the three mute cables to it.

The calls now mute the stereo and 'PHONE' appears on the stereo display and on the LCD display on the Dashboard.

When the guy from Halfords did it he connected the mute to something else and it only muted the front speakers - rubbish.

verachion
13-01-2008, 07:50 PM
All done and dusted, instaled into my Golf yesterday within an hour. It took over an hour to set up voice commands lol

nmassey
17-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I have installed the kit into my Audi A4 2005 S-Line Tdi but cannot get any power to the display. The stereo still works as it should.....

Any ideas ???

prolfe
17-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I have installed the kit into my Audi A4 2005 S-Line Tdi but cannot get any power to the display. The stereo still works as it should.....

Any ideas ???
I think you need a constant live for the kit.