PDA

View Full Version : xenon light kits?

Quattros
04-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Hi guys, my first post, i have searched for xenon and only found a member wanting to import from germany and needed advice on his lights..

what i want to know is, do any members have xenon kits as standard or fitted the ones with the ballast system?..

i have a 1999 AJL 1.8 turbo quattro, whic says it has xenon, but does this mean the complete unit(ballast) because i cant see one.. or just bulbs, the light on the headlamp is very yellow and vision at night is not as good, so i am looking to upgrade... if any pointers, links suggestions i would be grateful... on what bulb i should go for? or xenon kit?

id want to replace all 3 bilbs in each unit..
h7 bulbs.

thanks for looking...

mrjolly
04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
ive fitted one of those cheep ballasted kits from ebay. best mod ive done!

Quattros
04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
iv been looking at these kits... around £50 mark... or should i just put in 'artic white' bulbs at £21.. what i dont get is that when i bought the car, it said zenon lights in the description... im still confused...

mrjolly
04-01-2008, 09:38 PM
i know what you mean, i think xenon bulbs should call themselves xenon style or something. if i were you i would recomend getting a hid kit . there is no comparison with filamant type bulbs. i have poor night vision from years of fixing welding equipment on site , lots of flashes. after fitting hid's i feel much more confident night driving.

Quattros
04-01-2008, 11:04 PM
thanks for the replys guys...
i will look into the 'xenon type bulbs' seen 4 at £10 on fleebay
and seen hid kits for around 50-70...

il try the bulbs and get back...

thanks for the replys..

oh and p.s

audi a4 1999, b5, this takes H7 type bulbs. the ones with only 2 pins.
the head lights, main beam and front fog lamps all take H7 bulbs.