PDA

View Full Version : spanked by an old timer!!!!

03-01-2008, 10:01 PM
now i am no spring chicken and neither was this car resting on a C plate but it was in lovely nick for its age shame about the old bloke driving it was a rather healthy looking FIAT STRADA ABARTH 130TC in black i smiled at him in appriciation for his well looked after rust bucket and left the lights for the slip road up the mototr way WHOOSH this thing thundered off and left me for dust
with my poor old mk3 Golf gti abf 16v wheezing after him not a chance
and two girls in a fiesta laughing as i slowed down.
never under estimate the old!!!!!
just had to share that with you as i will be red faced for quite a while.
ps i dont suggest speeding is big or clever in anyway

RickT
03-01-2008, 10:53 PM
now i am no spring chicken and neither was this car resting on a C plate but it was in lovely nick for its age shame about the old bloke driving it was a rather healthy looking FIAT STRADA ABARTH 130TC in black i smiled at him in appriciation for his well looked after rust bucket and left the lights for the slip road up the mototr way WHOOSH this thing thundered off and left me for dust

LOL... i love wolf's in sheep's clothing!! LOL!

Rick

hagis
04-01-2008, 12:49 AM
When I saw the topic of this post I thought it was something to do with Wayne Rooney. :)

MalcQV
04-01-2008, 08:39 AM
You never can be sure of what is under the bonnet, not then and even less now :p

Nice story though. Another forum I used a year or so ago always had threads about how this Honda spanked this Buick somat or other ZZZZZ. It was Honda forum as you probably guessed.

04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
your right there lads but a FIAT STRADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
boy did this thing gooooooooooo
i know my car isnt that quick,
but as you say you just never know
i to love a wolf in sheeps clothing
sticky:aargh4:

golf tdi 02
04-01-2008, 11:20 AM
ahh fond memories this thread reminded me of the old vauxhall cavalier days.
there i was driving my lovely cav sri 130 and just at the lights in front of me was a old clapped out y reg hatchback.
thought this was a piece of cake but as soon as the lights changed the the thing flew away from me like i was standing still baahhhhhh.
i was well gutted.
it then took over five years to find who the driver was and when we told the same story from both sides we laughed and cried at how much that had stuck in our memories....
the old days were much easier :biglaugh::biglaugh:

DaveNN
04-01-2008, 07:13 PM

My best mate had an Arbarth..back in the early 1980's.....possibly the quickest car that I've ever been in! However, it may have been an illusion, a bit like being on a wooden flatwagon, as a kid!!
I had a Saab 93 Co car a few years back (2Lt Light Pressure Turbo).
It looked like nothing & moved like lightening...escpecially when up against a prole in a 'so called' hot hatch.:biglaugh:

DaveNN
04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
When I saw the topic of this post I thought it was something to do with Wayne Rooney. :)

Just Brilliant!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaug h::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

bora(ing) nick
04-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Wolfe in sheeps clothing are called sleepers....

MY GF's brother had a Nova looked pretty standard, but he'd done a redtop conversion on it.

So it looked like an ordinary 1ltr, and it was actually a tuned 2.0ltr. It was quick!

Nick

andy e
04-01-2008, 08:20 PM
used to have a old suzuki gt185 had it a year till garauntee ran out then bored out to 220 cc new carbs, new exhaust ,had great fun pxxxxxg off honda 250s, and that was in 1977 lol(damn showing age now!!!) now its just a 110 sharan!!:beerchug:

k9max
04-01-2008, 08:25 PM
You never can be sure of what is under the bonnet, not then and even less now :p

Nice story though. Another forum I used a year or so ago always had threads about how this Honda spanked this Buick somat or other ZZZZZ. It was Honda forum as you probably guessed.

Great alloys on the Passat, I'm looking for something similar for my Mk5 Golf.

05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
escpecially when up against a prole in a 'so called' hot hatch.:biglaugh:[/quote]
what do you mean by prole?????????????
not quite sure
your right about the "so called hot hatch" bit though:o

DaveNN
05-01-2008, 11:58 AM
escpecially when up against a prole in a 'so called' hot hatch.:biglaugh:
what do you mean by prole?????????????
not quite sure
your right about the "so called hot hatch" bit though:o
sticky[/quote]

You know....crappy car but with an attitude.Windows wound down so we can all 'enjoy' the thumping 'choons'. Basically, Chavs.
I'm sure you remember the statement in physics
" The loudness of the stereo is inversely proportional to the intelligence of the driver of the vehicle concerned".
Perhaps...I'm just showing my age!!!!....:o

I drive about 30,000 miles per year & will (often) give a driver a 'knowing nod of appreciation' if I pull alongside a decent (not kevve'd) motor.
In mid 2007 I was pootling (69MPH...yeh, right!!) back up the M1 one weekend, in lane 2. A Skyline pulled alongside, the driver looked across (no attitude), I nodded to say "NICE" & he floored it.

I have NEVER seen anything shift like that thing could....apart from a Stealth Bomber that flew over me once!!

05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
I have NEVER seen anything shift like that thing could....apart from a Stealth Bomber that flew over me once!![/quote]

wow, you have a pilots licence :biglaugh:lol

no malice intended!!!!!

DaveNN
05-01-2008, 03:30 PM
I have NEVER seen anything shift like that thing could....apart from a Stealth Bomber that flew over me once!!

wow, you have a pilots licence :biglaugh:lol

no malice intended!!!!!
sticky[/quote]

None taken .....& yep!!

05-01-2008, 03:32 PM
full areobatics or ppl standard:confused:

DaveNN
05-01-2008, 03:35 PM
full areobatics or ppl standard:confused:

Sorry..I thought you put piloks license (was on 10 points for years)!!!
:biglaugh:

05-01-2008, 03:37 PM
sorry but only edjumecated once at big school are you service pilot or private just asking
fingers are to fast for the brain, small one may i add:Blush:

DaveNN
05-01-2008, 03:54 PM
sorry but only edjumecated once at big school are you service pilot or private just asking
fingers are to fast for the brain, small one may i add:Blush:

Neither....I throw up in all modes of transport (plane, ship, train & car {even when I've been driving})......Flew to Belfast on a turbo prop' once (B.A, mind!!:Blush2:)...NEVER AGAIN!!
The Stealth was above me in North Yorkshire.
It was a bright sunny day, next thing- a bl++dy big triangular shadow enveloped the car. Reminded me of the bit in Independance Day where the space alien's ship looms over Washington (or was in New York??).
Next thing...it was gone!

is it me...or has this gone a bit off topic??

05-01-2008, 04:04 PM
your probalby right about the off topic will stop making stupid posts thankyou davenn you have brightened up my day with your witty posts!!!!
the skys are watching you
with all the best
sticky aka (not a chav) ;)

DaveNN
05-01-2008, 04:09 PM
your probalby right about the off topic will stop making stupid posts thankyou davenn you have brightened up my day with your witty posts!!!!
the skys are watching you
with all the best
sticky aka (not a chav) ;)

Thanks Sticky...Search for Heather Mills McCartney!!
:beerchug:

05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
just a quick one
is she a veggie
weird people
why have bitety teeth?????:confused:

DaveNN
05-01-2008, 04:33 PM
just a quick one
is she a veggie
weird people
why have bitety teeth?????:confused:

So she can whittle her leg down..when she's bored!