PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new GTi

n8384
01-01-2008, 11:00 PM
I am looking to buy a new Golf GTi. VW have quoted me £24097 for a black with some extras.

Searching on the internet i found http://www.smart-car-buyer.co.uk/ (http://www.smart-car-buyer.co.uk/) who can give me a UK spec for £19995 on the road.

Anyone used the above company? Why would i pay VW an extra 3000 or so pounds for the same car..

Any ideas why shouldnt buy from these types of companies.

Trikster
04-01-2008, 03:21 PM
No reason not to go with them as long as you do your homework... but remember it's an import so check that it's full UK spec and you'll only have 2 yrs warranty - extra year independent warranty would probably be about £400.

Just ordered my car througha UK main dealer who matched the best internet price I obtained for a UK car that I could pick up from a UK dealer (got a quote from uknewcars) .. circa 9.5% discount. Pick it up locally in 2-3 weeks as it's already built :D

n8384
05-01-2008, 12:27 AM
hi, thanks for the reply..
did a quote from uknewcars...
quick question though, which UK main dealer matched the price for you?

Trikster
09-01-2008, 03:16 PM
hi, thanks for the reply..
did a quote from uknewcars...
quick question though, which UK main dealer matched the price for you?

Martins VW in Basingstoke - but I'm sure with some persuasion most dealers will work to these prices as long as you do your homework and stress that you're serious and that the price you've been quoted is for a UK car from a UK main dealer, and that you're not silly enough to try and get them to match an import price. It may have helped that there was already a car I was prepeared to take in the VW national stock an I was happy to register this month.

In fact placed deposit on Sat, car turned up at the dealer this morning - collecting it this evening!!!!

n8384
10-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi..
There is no Black 5Dr Manual with monza's and leather in the UK and i am looking at a factory order of 10-12 weeks. There are few DSG ones, but i was not willing to compromise on colour and wanted a manual.

So ended ordering a Black 5 Dr Manual 30th Edition, which i pick up next Friday....and they were not interested in any discount or price match.

i cant wait for next week...