PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking - programming

john@johnsthrel
01-01-2008, 12:48 AM
Hi, this is my first post so please be patient if this has already been asked and answered - I couldn't find any reference.

I've just taken a new job and been given a 6 month old Passat SEL 2.0 TDi (a fantastic car which I'm growing to love).

I would like to be able to have the doors lock automatically after setting off as on my wife's smart and a previous BMW 316.

Handbook says go to the "convenience menu". I can't find it!

Does this mean I have to go to a dealer?

Many thanks

John

james_tiger_woo
01-01-2008, 02:39 AM
I think it is a dealer visit - I think, anyway.....

Stuart W
01-01-2008, 03:54 AM
Handbook says go to the "convenience menu". I can't find it!

I think the convenience menu is only available on the higher spec models, otherwise it's a dealer reset.

For example, on my SE it requires two key clicks to open all the doors (the first click opens the driver's door only) and I think this could be changed via a convenience menu, assuming I had one!!

I would have thought that your SEL would have one though?

Bigbossman
01-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I wanted to to this aswell, and if you don't have the highline model with the "convenience menu", it can be done with vag.com

now my doors lock at 10km/h

john@johnsthrel
01-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks all. As far as I know mine is a highline model. I'm assuming this since it mentions that on the label under the mat in the boot floor.

Just for information, this is the spec as far as I know:

2.0 TDi 170bhp
leather/alcantara front and back
heated seats all round
heated/electric mirrors
self dimming rear view mirror (inc. driver's side)
xenon headlights with cornering
fog lights
front and rear parking assist
cruise control
dynaudio sound system
Adelaide wheels
2 zone climate control
keyless entry
Bluetooth connectivity for my mobile.

The car was specced by a predecessor but I will make a few comments:

I would have preferred iPod connectivity but seems you can't have it with Dynaudio
I've already mentioned the "convenience menu"
I'm confounded by the fact that it appears that I can't adjust the headlights for driving in Europe without a visit to the dealer (at cost no doubt) so I plan to use a Eurolites converter
The blue tooth connection will not (and cannot) work with my XDA.Other than these minor gripes, as I said earlier I'm really enjoying a car I probably would not have considered otherwise and really looking forward to driving out to Austria in February.

John

Quatrelle
01-01-2008, 01:18 PM
With an SEL I should have thought it was in there somewhere. Mine's French and I think it equates to the middle spec of the three available (they don't call them SEL etc.) and it's got that facility.

orangezorki
01-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Thanks all. As far as I know mine is a highline model. I'm assuming this since it mentions that on the label under the mat in the boot floor.

Just for information, this is the spec as far as I know:

2.0 TDi 170bhp
leather/alcantara front and back
heated seats all round
heated/electric mirrors
self dimming rear view mirror (inc. driver's side)
xenon headlights with cornering
fog lights
front and rear parking assist
cruise control
dynaudio sound system
Adelaide wheels
2 zone climate control
keyless entry
Bluetooth connectivity for my mobile.

The car was specced by a predecessor but I will make a few comments:

I would have preferred iPod connectivity but seems you can't have it with Dynaudio
I've already mentioned the "convenience menu"
I'm confounded by the fact that it appears that I can't adjust the headlights for driving in Europe without a visit to the dealer (at cost no doubt) so I plan to use a Eurolites converter
The blue tooth connection will not (and cannot) work with my XDA.Other than these minor gripes, as I said earlier I'm really enjoying a car I probably would not have considered otherwise and really looking forward to driving out to Austria in February.

John

Very nice - the closest spec I've ever seen to the one I've ordered, just add the sports pack, electric nappa and DSG and you're there. Out of interest, does your car have the highline trip computer, the one that fills the complete cutout in the instrument cluster? I think that you need that to be able to access the convenience menu. I was told by my dealer that it should have it, but like most of the specs, they really weren't that sure...

David.

john@johnsthrel
01-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Yes, I think mine has that trip computer. It's headed MFD so I think that's the one.

I seem to have every option except Convenience.

John

ps DSG is the thing I would have liked!

john@johnsthrel
01-01-2008, 05:25 PM
A simple question...what is VAG.com?

I was a simple Skoda owner previously (Roomster TDi preceded by 2 Fabias and two Felicias) so I'm not accuistomed to all this fancy stuff!.

John

orangezorki
01-01-2008, 06:30 PM
A simple question...what is VAG.com?
John

It's PC based diagnostic software for most VW group cars. It allows you to read error codes and play with all the settings. AFAIK, it's not cheap, about £300.

David.

Bigbossman
01-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Vag.com is a program that you can use to run diags on your car, read faults, programme settings etc.., you get the software from the below link, then all you need is the cable and a laptop and your good to go

http://www.ross-tech.com/

but beware, you are playing around with the functions of the car, so you could cause damage

Quatrelle
01-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Yes, I think mine has that trip computer. It's headed MFD so I think that's the one.

I seem to have every option except Convenience.

John

ps DSG is the thing I would have liked!If you haven't looked there already, 'Convenience' is under the 'Settings' menu, Booklet 3, p.22 (not in the MFD).