PDA

View Full Version : golf mk5 want start problem with fuse board in engine

rudeboy
31-12-2007, 07:12 PM
04 reg golf 19 se tdi,ive had problems with exterior bulbs not working when i
replace the rear indicator bulb it still didnt work so i checked the fuses in the side of the dashboard and they was all ok ,then i checked the fuses under the bonet by pulling them out one by one i couldnt find a broken fuse. when i come to start the engine it wouldnt start. i thought i might of activated the imobiliser which may have cut the fuel line so i tried disconecting the battery leaving it for 10 min and re conecting it this still didnt work, the engine turns over but doesnt fire, i gave up and called the rac who checked the fuse board and said there was a lot of water got in the box and has caused corrosion and that could be the problem. i got towed home and noticed that all my exterior light were working fine. any ideas please, happy new year!!

Ben
01-01-2008, 04:41 PM
i had a problem with water ingress in the engine fuse box. it only affected the abs and esp but it didn't go as far as it has on yours.

rudeboy
02-01-2008, 07:10 AM
ive managed to fix it it was a problem with the fuse board under the bonet i just spayed it with wd40, it was obviously a problem with water getting in there. i now have a icon on my ecu saying there is somethink wrong with my exsaust system!!