PDA

View Full Version : A little beauty !

sglorney
31-12-2007, 09:17 AM
I thought you lot were supposed to be GTI enthusiasts.........I have asked for your help & you have not answered me....HELP PLEASE!:confused:

Someone out there MUST have an idea of the approx value of a rare little beauty.......... F reg (198?) Golf GTI MK2 1.9.... dream drive......FAB condition...White.....Pretty.......For sale through no fault of her own. Can be seen/driven at home in Hertfordshire

I need to sell this little lovely on behalf of my father, is she worth £200 or £2000 ?? Are any one of you experts able to advise me ???

Please ??

Diamond Hell
31-12-2007, 11:22 AM
If I'm buying it, then it'll be worth less than £200.

If I'm selling it then it'll be worth well over £2000.

People are unable to help you because at this age of car there's little point in reeling off a spec and you've not even done that - it's all about the condition of it now - is it rusty? How many miles does it have? Does it have an MOT on it? Is it 3 or 5 door? Is it really a 1.9 (been taken out and might be a performance motor) or have you just got the engine size wrong and it's a bog-standard 1.8? Does it have power steering/central locking/electric windows/heated seats/air con/alloy wheels (which ones?) etc etc etc - much of that wasn't standard when the car was originally sold. It might be desireable, it might be a dog.

Rather than trying to sell a car on here (it's what you're doing, let's be honest about this), why not look at Autotrader and see what price equivilent cars are being offered at?

Oh and don't try saying it's rare - VW sold more GTI Golf2's than non-GTI cars IIRC.

Get some pictures of it - inside, outside and under the bonnet - without those this thread is worthless and that's why no one's repsonding.

stuart
31-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I would advise looking at http://www.golfgti.co.uk/ I know the owner of this site, and as it is just dedicated to that particular car, you may get a "target" audiance who deal with these day in - day out.

Stuart

jsbr32
22-02-2008, 11:45 PM
if its rusty in the usual places don't expect anything more then £400 if your lucky but on the other hand if its a very clean example with history and low number of previous owners i can see it fetching about £2000