PDA

View Full Version : ck3100

verachion
30-12-2007, 08:36 PM
I saw that on the vwaudi forum you are familiar with parrot kits. I have a ck3100 and I am looking to install it in a vw golf.

Do I have to use the leads that came with the parrot and a harness? aswell ifso how do I wire up the leads to get power to the parrot?

With a golf I am aware that I will have to find a permanent live from either the cig lighter or fuse box however, which wires do I use? the harness or the parrot cable with inline fuses?

Any help would be appreciated

mluton
30-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Try this mate:
http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=547&Itemid=6

verachion
02-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Thankyou very much, that came in very handy many thanks

descb600f
17-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Have you done this I struggled to find a switched live as they all seem to be permanent

Teflon
17-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Have you done this I struggled to find a switched live as they all seem to be permanent
Open up the fuse box inside the drivers door and get cracking with a multimeter. You just need to find an empty fuse position which is live with the ignition on and dead with it off.

I can't tell you which one, because they seem to vary from model to model (I've done 3 cars like this).

Then use a spade connector crimped on the end of a cable, stuck into that position. Make sure you use an in-line fuse in the cable, to protect the electrics .

Presto!

The other option is to use a scotchlok connector on the supply to the 12V socket in the ashtray.

Wazza_G
18-01-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm interested but I can't help feeling that having the parrot unit stuck to the dashboard is an open invitation to the thieving scum that walks the streets to break in and take it.

Or is it removable?