PDA

View Full Version : Caravelle 2.4 Auto Diesel 1995 AAB Engine

NOK
30-12-2007, 07:02 PM
Hello to all,

This is my first post here as I just joined so here goes.

As stated above I have a 1995 Caravelle 2.4 Auto AAB Diesel Engine. I have recently changed the cam & diesel pump timing belts. I had the correct tools for the cam timing and was able to lock the diesel pump in position with the correct pin from VW.

I was told by a VW mechanic once everything was set I should remove the pin that locked the diesel pump wheel in place and move it 1/8inch toward me as I stood in front of the engine before I locked the wheel above on the cam since I didn't have the right tool for that part of the job. Doing this I have managed to get my engine to run except on cold mornings with out a little sniff of easy start.

I have now purchased a DTI Gauge which I believe is what’s needed to do this job correctly but I’m not really sure how to use this tool and what setting I need. Is there anyone who could explain how I should use this tool and what settings I need, in as much detail as possible as I can be a bit of a dummy at times? I have looked on the net for this information with out luck.

Many Thanks,
NOK