PDA

View Full Version : Searching for the heater tap on a vento

ruaridh
30-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi folks.
I hope this is the forum for this question.
I bought an old vento a few weeks ago,K reg.
It has a broken heater switch on dash and it's fairly cold at the mo!
I've been looking for the heater tap in the engine but can't find it. Can anyone say what would I be looking to see?
Any help really appreciated. I only tinker with cars, i'm not very good y'see....

R.

dean warren
31-12-2007, 12:06 PM
there isn't a tap or bleed valve on a vw vento.

ruaridh
31-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Dean

OK, So is there a solution to getting some warm air in the cab, other than putting it to a garage?
Cheers
P.

Crasher
31-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Does the blower fan work at all?

ruaridh
31-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi Crasher
Yes it does.
What's happened is the last guy who had it broke the dash switch and left it.
It blows only cold!!
A mate said there had to be a tap on the water pipe to turn it hot and cut the wire to the dash.
I just can't feel it when I was under the car , though I could only get my arm under so I couldn't actually see.
Cheers
P.

Crasher
31-12-2007, 05:36 PM
The Golf 3/Vento use an air blend heat control system with a flap inside the air box under the dash which is hard to get at and won't move if the cable is still attached to the gear without buckling the cable. VW stopped using a water valve/tap control system on the Golf/Jetta when the Golf 2 came out in 1984.

dean warren
31-12-2007, 05:37 PM
hi i sounds like it just needs the internal flap opening so the air blows through the matrix instead of just cold air, if my memory is correct when u remove the centre consol there are 2 cogs on the bottom of the heater box one of these may open the flap.