PDA

View Full Version : Lots of questions!!Help

nobby.arny
30-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Hi

Im a mk1 man really but the missus has bought a mk4 tdi.

Firstly how do i find out which model power wise i have as insurance companies have it down as an sdi even though i can quite clearly see and hear a turbo?

I suspect it to be a 115 bhp model and what power gainage can i expect from a remap and how much roughly would i pay?

Thirdly and most importantly how can i get the boot to open as the central locking and manual lock will not open the car?

Cheers Chris

nobby.arny
31-12-2007, 10:35 PM
Can no-one help no?:confused:

zues
01-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Hello nobby, Thought i would do a new yearly deed for 2008 and help you with your 3rd problem. Boot. First of all, take a small flat head screw driver and open the key slot on the boot lock barrell and squirt wd40 in there. Then put your key in and turn back and forth incase the barrell has seized a bit through the winter. If the tailgate still does not open then do the following. Climb into your boot with a bright torch and lay on your stomach facing the tailgate trim panel, you will see 2 recessed handles that have a small torx head screw in each, remove these 2 screws, then in one motion you must pull the panel out from the bottom and lift up towards the glass. Bob's your uncle! release the lever by hand and your done. Obviously you will have to get a diagnosis on the lock problem but at least you can enter the boot from the inside to open.

Zues

nobby.arny
01-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Cheers for the reply Zues. I had spotted the two screws in the two recesses an tried taking the trim off but wasnt sure if that was the right thing to do.

Can anyone help with the engine type. Think engine code is agr. Also paint code is LC7V, anyone know what that is?

Cheers Chris

dreamworx
01-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Cheers for the reply Zues. I had spotted the two screws in the two recesses an tried taking the trim off but wasnt sure if that was the right thing to do.

Can anyone help with the engine type. Think engine code is agr. Also paint code is LC7V, anyone know what that is?

Cheers Chris

PM me your reg and i can tell you

davegilsenan
02-01-2008, 11:05 AM
As far as i know, AGR is a 90hp.
See tis link http://vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9036
Hope that helps.
Dave.