PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a Jetta

surahman
29-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Hi,

I currently have a 318i (e90) BMW with 23k on the clock, and have been looking at a Jetta 2.0TDI sport.

Test drove it today, and it was a nice drive, its a 07 plate, with 19.5k on the clock (quite high i think).

I usually do 6-7k a year, mainly through town driving.

I am getting an OK trade in price on the BMW, and an OK price for the Jetta, what do you good people reckon?

The BMW has 129 bhp, the jetta has 138 bhp, so they are not a million miles off each others spec. I know the TDI will get more mpg.

One thing that concerns me is the number of people complaining of the build quality of VW's and turbo problems seem to be a regular thing as do changing brake pads etc...

Let me know what you think folks.... all advice will be welcomed!

surahman
29-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Also, does the Jetta have an aux input for the stereo? If not, can it be added or not?

Thanks

surahman
30-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Anything folks?

Someone must have an opinion.... any advice is welcome!

colb666
30-12-2007, 07:24 AM
I thought about the Jetta before I bought my Mk5 variant and thought it was an excellent car,like you it was the 2.0tdi version I tested and really liked it.My variant is the same engined model and I really like the economy and performance from a 140tdi.

You can get an Aux ipod type connection added by the dealer no problem

FIBAMAN
17-01-2008, 06:24 PM
You will probably not only benefit from better fuel economy, but should save on insurance also, parts and service marginally cheaper. Bigger boot and probably similar performance