PDA

View Full Version : How do I adjust camber?

victorwhiskey
06-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi all,:1zhelp:

Anyone out there know how to adjust the camber on a 2001 VW Golf GTi.

Its been lowered 40mm on 18" alloys

adamss24
06-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Take it to a tyre shop that does computerized wheel aligning/tracking and make shure they done your type of car before and also know what to do. Adwerse tyre wear and uneven wear will occur if they dont do it well.

victorwhiskey
07-10-2006, 02:10 PM
Cheers,

Do you know if the front struts have to be removed to do the adjustment? :confused:

Boardboy
07-10-2006, 08:40 PM
The early MK I's used to have two offset bolts to adjust the camber and could be done insitu. My MK II didn't have the offset bolts, not that I ever had to adjust the camber, only replace the struts for leaks. I got to agree
with adamss24 you are better taking it to someone thats done it before.
Regards Boardboy

victorwhiskey
08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Sounds like I need to take it to someone who has the right kit for the job!:beerchug:

greas-E-monkey
12-10-2006, 03:01 PM
Camber adjust is not possible as such, just equalization of the camber measurement on each side. This is carried out by losening the main front subframe bolts and then move the subframe from side to side in the desired direction to make both camber figures equal. I think the spec is 0.40degrees (minutes) This is the standard setting so a lowered car will be different.

I suggest taking it to a VW dealer with beissbarth equipment and paying the loot to have it done properly.

Hope this helps

victorwhiskey
14-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Ahh, Thats interesting,

Thanks for your help;)