PDA

View Full Version : GTI side skirt

Mowzer
28-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Hi all my drivers side skirt is shot the outer skin has all peeled off :( So I looked on Ebay and found a new one pretty cheap :D.
What i wanted to know was what sort of job is it to replace? Any clips I may need to buy just in case they break :confused:

Many thanks Neil

29-12-2007, 03:04 PM
you should have a self adhesive hanger on the sill under the side skirt two end clips and a two piece skirt with a slide on trim strip which clips on once its all fitted the side skirt is screwed in under the sill with expanding plugs that fit throught the side skirt and sill
i dont get what you mean about outer skin has fallen off as they are usually moulded plastic
do you have after market ones ? or colour coded
if not why dont you take it all off and grab your self a can of matt black paint and after a good clean and dry give them a blow over i did mine and they looked like new

Mowzer
29-12-2007, 08:06 PM
What i went was the plastic covering has been split for ages and the metal under it has started to corrode away ;) .
I did think of painting it like you said but its a bit to far gone now so i got a new one instead as the other side is mint:D.

Thanks for the pointers anyway ;)

Cheers Neil

29-12-2007, 08:32 PM
glad you have it sorted