PDA

View Full Version : Golf mk 4 relay problem. Really stuck on this.

gary.bevan@ntlworld.com
06-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi

I have a Golf mk 4 1.4s. 2001 reg.

The other day my interior lights started flashing and I could hear a clicking noise under the driver side dash. All of a sudden I have lost my electric windows, door lights, interior lights and the warning noise you hear when you leave your headlights on as you leave the car.

I have been told this could be the convenience relay.

I have take it out and the part number is 1C0 959 799. But every dealer tells me there should be a letter at the end of this number. There isn t one so what is this relay. Is it imported or from another make of car i.e. Skoda?
I could really do with some help on this because it driving me nuts.

Thanks

greas-E-monkey
06-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Hi there, first thing is that any main dealer should be able to get the right one if you provide the chassis number and engine code.
In addition to this the part number of your relay indicates that it is from a beetle or perhaps they use a common part. If your relay is the original one then it will not have any letters on the end. A new one may have a E or H depending on how many supersessions there have been.
Apporximately what size is this relay ?:confused:

gary.bevan@ntlworld.com
06-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Hi thanks very much for helping.

It is about 5 inches wide and 3-4 deep

It has one what I would call a male socket with 23 pins.

It has this printed on it also...

ZM min 5DK 008 211-00 I62201 H01/S00001

Thanks again for the help

greas-E-monkey
11-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Hi there, the relay you describe is in fact the convienence control unit.
The part carries a Beetle part number as both vehicle utilise the same platform.

Getting one from a main dealer should be no problem.

Wonder why it went wrong though, any signs of water ingress ?
Its just they are ussually really reliable.

Good luck.

greas-E-monkey
11-10-2006, 04:48 PM
Sorry forget to mention that once the new ecu is fitted all of your convienence settings will have to be programmed again.
The remote central locking etc.
Main dealer job I am afraid!