PDA

View Full Version : Strange Electrical Problem???

paultuk
28-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi Guys n Gals.

First post here!!! Seasons Greetings!!

I have a 04 MK5 Golf GT TDI 2.0 and suddenly i have the following faults:

Drivers side mirror indicator light no longer flashes at all?
Drivers side mirror courtesy light no longer lights up?
Drivers side window one touch up and down function no longer works?

Just to add. The Folding mirror motor still operates ok and the dimming element of the mirror still operates if thats of any help?

Does anyone know if there could be a module or fuse at fault and if so where to start to fault find?

I have the VAG-Can Commander cable and software but is all in german so not managed to get that to work yet to see if there are any faults?

I would greatly appreciate any hints / tips or help on any of the above.

Thanks in advance.

Paultuk

BuyanythingbutaVW
28-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Hello,

My 55 plate Gt tdi had a strange electrical problem at about 20,000 miles where various parts of the electrical kit started to stop working on the car. About 6 items stopped working on the car over a short period of time and I got it booked in at the main dealers.

The fault was that part of the main wiring loom had burnt itself out and the car was rewired. Hopefully yours isn't the same thing (unless you have a warranty).

Hope this helps

Jamie

paultuk
29-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your reply.

No unfortunately not under warranty now so may be an expensive job!!

I don't fancy taking it to my local dealer as they will rip me off by charging £70 plus VAT per item to look at faults!! Won't name the dealer but i''m not ever going to them as they charged me £505 to rectify a Emissions Workhop!! Fault.

Do you know where the wiring loom had burnt out at all? Maybe i could take a look at the same location on my vehicle?

Cheers

Paul t uk

Nicks
29-12-2007, 11:51 AM
hey mate, if you want I can translate some german for you. I speak fluent but my writing is pretty bad but so is my english!:D

Nicks
29-12-2007, 11:53 AM
my wing mirrors stop working but vw sorted it by replacing a switch.... not looking forward to what you guys are experiencing!! fingers crossed.

BuyanythingbutaVW
29-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Paul,

Sorry I am not at all technical and left all the repairs to the VW main dealer to fix under warranty.

I know the VW dealer did say that my car was the first he had seen with this fault, so hopefully your car's fault is something more simple.

Good luck getting your car fixed and hopefully it's not too serious.

Jamie

ajr2001
11-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi

Just to add to the number of possibilities for your problem. My Mk5 Golf recently started to have electrical problems with the washer jets, and blower system but it was clearly not just a blown fuse.

I spent a while trying to diagnose the fault as cheaply as possible and I discovered it was a fault with Terminal 75x. I was then forced to take the last option and try a VW garage. They solved the problem by replacing the X relief relay. The relay itself costs about six quid but because it's such a pain of a job the labour is an awful lot more.

rdsc1975
02-11-2009, 01:51 AM
how strange my also has the same problem the heater blower and washer jet do not work checked the fuses all ok.
weres this relief relay could be the same problem

rdsc1975
07-11-2009, 12:11 AM
fix it:biglaugh: