PDA

View Full Version : Location of MAF senson & another question

nutter1980
28-12-2007, 11:40 AM
When I purchased my user Audi TDI 130 se 2001 5 weeks ago I had a mechanic friend look at it and drive it before to give it a once over. As a condition of sale he advised to get a new MAF fitted.

1. I dont belive that the garage has done this, Can anyone tell me where this is located and how I can tell if its been replaced? Pictures would be great.

2. I had a mech run a scan of the car, Would this show faults the same as a VAG comm ? What I am trying to say is would it show the stored fault codes? When I menitoned to the mech is it a vag comm he looked at me a little strange.

kenney
28-12-2007, 12:37 PM
Hi your MAF is in the air filter housing,right hand side.it is behind a rubber about 4inch in diam would be hard to tell f it had been changed or not,the only signs might be dust or something on the old one.If it was a VAG workshop,they use VAS diagnostic equipement,and any electronic faults will show up on this.

kenney
28-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Sorry about this, but i got your engine code wrong,the MAF is on the outside of the filter housing,between the housing and the air inntake hose.